1 cup flour
pinch of salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tbsp. margarine
slightly less than 7 tablespoons of milk
Camping stove or campfire
1. Combine all the dry ingredients in the bowl.
2. Use a fork to margarine and milk. Stir until the lumps are gone.
3. Form a one inch thick loaf
4. Put the dough into a frying pan. Bake over low flame for 7 to 8 minutes on each side. Turn with the spatula.
5. Eat the Bannock while warm, plain or with butter, jam, or peanut butter.
CommentBannock, or wilderness bread, is flat and chewy and tastes great with butter and jam
Recipe ContributorThe Unknown Scout
Click here to report possible copyright violations.