1 1/2 lbs. of Ground Beef
1 head green cabbage
1 lb. baby carrots
6 - 8 potatoes
2-3 small zuccini
1 can beef broth
1 envelope of Shillings, etc. Stew season mix
12 Qt. Dutch Oven
1) heat dutch oven (12-14 charcoal under)
2) brown beef in 3-4 tablespoons of canola oil
3) mix season mix and can of beef broth; pour over beef and stir
4) add potatoes, carrots, cabbage, zuccini (in this order)
5) add ~1 cup of water
6) add 6-8 briquetes to lid
7) stir every 15 - 20 minutes; turn lid and dutch oven 1/4 turn every time you stir to ensure even heating
8) done in about an hour after it starts to boil
9) Option: mix up a box of Jiffy Corn Bread Mix and spoon on top for tasty dumplings - do this in last 1/2 hour or so.
CommentPre-brown meat at home. Pre-chop cabbage and put in gallon size zip-lock bag. peal/cube potatoes just before you put into the pot. Leave baby carrot whole; slice zuccini before they go into the pot too. If you have everything ready, it makes it much easier and makes the cleanup a breeze.
Recipe ContributorFerdinand Tretter
Click here to report possible copyright violations.