6 garlic cloves
2 T rosemary
2 T olive oil
1 t salt
1/2 t pepper
2 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
1 pt cherry tomatoes
2 ears corn cut in thirds
1 onion cut in wedges
1/2 lbs green beans
6 small zucchini (half a pound) cut in chunks
3/4 lb potatoes cut in 1 inch chunks
2 T butter
3 cups chicken broth
1. Beef preparation: In a ziploc bag, combing garlic, rosemary, oil, 1 t salt, and 1/2 t pepper. Add beef and rotate to cover in seasonings.
2. Vegetable Prep: In one ziploc bag, combine tomatoes, corn, and onion. In a second ziploc bag, combine beans and zucchini. (Potatoes are brought separately)
Cooking Instructions In Camp
1. Heat dutch oven and add butter till it melts.
2. Brown beef on the underside, then turn over and add 2 cups of the broth. Cover dutch oven and place coals on top. Cook 1 hour.
2. Rotate meat again, add remaining broth. Add vegetables with corn and the potatoes; cook, covered, 1 hour.
3. Rotate meat and corn, add beans and zucchini, and more broth if oven is dry. Cover and cook15-30 minutes until meat is tender.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe ContributorFerdinand Tretter
Click here to report possible copyright violations.