1 pound lean ground beef
1 can(15 1/2oz)mild chili beans in sauce
1 can(11oz) Mexican style corn(drained)
3/4 cup barbecue sauce
1 package(8 1/2oz) corn muffin mix
1/2 cup of chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat Dutch Oven over hot coals until a drop of water sizzles.
2. Brown ground beef along with onions and bell peppers in dutch oven.
3. Stir in chili beans, barbecue sauce, and salt. Bring to a boil.
4. prepare corn muffin mix per package directions then stir in corn. Spoon mixture over boiling meat mixxture.
5. Put dutch oven lid on. Make sure you have 8-10 charcoal briquettes on the top and 8-10 on under the bottom. Bake for 25 -30 minutes until corn muffin mix is golden brown ( kife comes out clean )
6. Dish out and enyoy - will feed a patrol of 6.
CommentA patrol favorite in our troop.
Recipe ContributorCharles Meyers
Click here to report possible copyright violations.