dried, candied orange peels
6 oranges, water, 1 tablespoon salt, 2 cups sugar
medium pot, 2 bowls, knife, spoon.
1.cut each orange into sixths.
3.eat inside (yum!)
4.scrape most of white mebrane off of peel with spoon
5.put peels in bowl with 4 cups water and 1tbsp. salt, weight down with a plate on top.
6. leave overnight
8. submerge peels in pot full of cold water.
9. bring to a boil
11. do step 8
12. do step 9
13. do step 10
14. do step 8
15. do step 9
16. do step 10
17. do step 8
18. do step 9
19. do step 10
20. cut peels into thin strips
21. put sugar, 1/2 cup water in pan
22. cook until sugar dissolves
23. put peels in
24. slowly heat and stir until peels become translucent. (the outside will be the same color as the white membrane, and they will be curly)
25. WITH TONGS!!!! roll peels in sugar and put out to dry.
26. eat (taste like orange gumdrops)
See more Breakfast
See more Lunch
make these before you leave home.
many steps, but pretty easy
Click here to report possible copyright violations.